Bare conductor wiki & how to use for?
Fine copper, aluminum, steel, and other metal materials are processed into wire, strip, and flat conductor. There are round wire, profile wire, and soft wiring. Round wires include round copper wire, round aluminum wire, tinned round copper wire, non-magnetic round copper wire, aluminum alloy conductor, copper-clad steel round wire, silver plated round copper conductor and aluminum clad steel core wire, which are mainly used as the conductor core of wires and cables. There are copper tram line, steel aluminum tram line, aluminum alloy tram line, flat rubidium I line, aluminum wire, copper bus, aluminum bus, copper strip, hollow flat copper wire, hollow flat aluminum wire, and trapezoidal copper bar, which are mainly used for overhead lines, motors and electrical appliances, coils or winding, bus bars, DC motor commutators, etc. Flexible wiring includes copper brush wire, copper antenna, copper flexible stranded wire and copper braided wire. It is mainly used for connecting wire between brush and battery, overhead communication antenna, outgoing line, grounding wire, and connecting wire.
A bare conductor is a wire without an insulating layer on the outside the conductor.
Bare conductor is generally used for field high-voltage line erection because it has no sheath and is conducive to heat dissipation. To increase the tensile strength, in the center of some aluminum strands are steel strands, known as “ACSR“.
Because bare conductors have no insulation sheath, they have been used in densely populated areas for many times. In cities where conditions permit, overhead high-voltage lines have been gradually used as insulated wires or transferred to underground cables.
Bare conductor is one of the most basic products in wire and cable products. Some Bare conductor products can be used as the conductor of wires and cables; the other parts of the products can be used as components in motor, electrical appliances, transformers and other equipment. In addition, Bare conductors can be directly used in power, communication, transportation, and other departments for power and information transmission. Bare conductors should have good electrical conductivity and physical and mechanical properties.
Classification of bare conductors.
Bare conductors have only conductors, and no insulation and sheath structure.
Bare conductor can be divided into bare copper wire, bare aluminum wire, bare aluminum alloy wire, bimetal wire, etc. According to the shape and structure, it can be divided into round single wire, bare stranded wire, flexible wiring rain wire and profile line, etc.
The model of Bare conductor consists of category, feature and derivation.
- According to the classification of conductor materials, there are mainly single metal wire, bimetal wire, alloy wire, etc.
- According to the structure, shape and use. It mainly includes round single wire, profile wire, bare stranded wire, soft wiring, etc.
- Classification by processing status. There are mainly soft wire, hard-wire and so on.
- Material management departments often manage according to the following major varieties, namely bare copper wire, bare aluminum wire, aluminum stranded wire, steel core aluminum strand, copper bar, aluminum bar, copper flat wire, aluminum flat wire, trolley wire, etc.
Bare single wire is a kind of conductor with bare surface and no insulation layer. It is mainly used in electric power, transportation, telecommunication engineering, motor and transformer manufacturing.According to its structure, bare stranded wire can be divided into simple stranded wire, combined stranded wire, special stranded wire, compound stranded wire, braided sleeve, etc.
Profiles and profiles are conductor wires with special shape or large cross-section, i.e. products with different cross-sectional shapes, but not round are called profiles; products not used with larger lengths are called profiles.
It can be divided into three types according to their uses:
① As high current bus. This kind of wire is also called bus bar. The material used is copper and aluminum. Most of its shapes are flat, and some are made into hollow rectangle and half bow shape. It is used in power plant, substation to transmit large capacity current and used in switch cabinet. In recent years, insulated bus with insulating layer appears again.
② Conductor for OCS. This kind of conductor is used for overhead conductor of electrified railway, urban tramcar, electric locomotive in tunnel (such as subway, mine underground tunnel vehicle), etc. Due to the large-scale development of urban rail transit lines and electrified railways, the use of catenary conductors (commonly known as tram lines, now referred to as contact lines) has doubled.
In addition to a good electrical performance, sufficient tensile strength and good weather corrosion resistance, the excellent wear resistance of butt contact wire is also very important, and the excellent wear resistance directly affects the service life.
③ Special shaped layout. The special-shaped row material is mainly used for commutator components of various motors, as well as the knife head electrode of various switches and knives switches. Its cross-section shape has trapezoidal, single peak, double peak shape, the material is copper or copper alloy.
Storage of bare conductors
(1) Bare conductors should be stored in a dry, and ventilated warehouse for fear of moisture and chemical corrosion. It is strictly forbidden to store them in the same warehouse with acid-base substances, corrosive solids and gases. The relative humidity in the warehouse shall not be greater than 70%.
(2) It is not allowed to overlap copper wire and aluminum wire without package, to avoid electrochemical action and corrosion of aluminum wire.
(3) The naked wires shall be protected from mechanical damage during storage and transportation, and all types of wires shall be prevented from twisting and folding.
(4) The Bare conductors packed in coils shall be placed vertically. When stacking the Bare conductors in coils, the stacking height shall be 1.5-2 m, and the stacking shape must be neat to avoid collapse. The best width is 2 rolls for easy inspection.
(5) Bare conductors must be inspected regularly to prevent corrosion and deterioration during storage.
How to route Bare conductors
(1) The height of indoor bare conductor wiring shall not be less than 3.5 m from the ground, and not less than 2.5 m when mesh barrier is used.
(2) When the bare conductor is laid on the same side of the pipeline (excluding combustible gas and flammable, and combustible liquid pipeline), it shall be laid on the top of the pipeline, and the clear distance between the bare conductor and the pipeline requiring regular maintenance shall not be less than 1.5 m.
(3) When the bare conductor is protected by barrier, the clear distance between the barriers and the bare conductor shall meet the following requirements:
- When the mesh is not more than 20 × 20 mm, it should not be less than 100 mm.
- When the plate-shaped barrier is used. It shall not be less than 50 mm.
(4) The clear distance from the bare conductor without shielding to the crane deck shall not be less than 2.2 m (if the mesh barrier is installed on the crane, the distance is unlimited). The bare conductor laid above the crane maintenance section should be provided with a mesh barrier.
(5) except for the auxiliary conductor of the sliding contact line itself, the bare conductor should not be laid on the same support as the sliding contact the line of the crane.
|Fixed point spacing
|Minimum clear distance
|Fixed point spacing
|Minimum clear distance
(6) The clear distance between bare conductor lines and between bare conductor and building surface (excluding fixed points) shall not be less than the values listed in the table below.
The distance between fixed points of hard conductor shall meet the dynamic stability requirements when passing the maximum short-circuit current.